Report the incident by filing a complaint at ftc.gov/complaint. Be sure to include:
- Date and time of the call
- Name of the government agency the imposter used
- Prize amount, amount requested in fees, and payment method
- Phone number of the caller. Although scammers may use technology to create a fake number or spoof a real one, law enforcers may be able to track that number to identify the caller.
- Any other details from the call
The FTC cannot resolve individual consumer complaints, but we have tips to help you get your money back.